A HEALTHIER CHRISTMAS-TREAT
Hi! Sara here :) Today I will be sharing a super yummy recipe for chocolate and coconut balls.
A big part of Christmas is all of the amazing food and treats that we get to enjoy during this season, and this is a part that I really love! This recipe is perfect as a healthier option to a festive treat, and it really tastes just as amazing as the usual stuff.
They are gluten free, vegan and the only sweetener used is coconut-sugar and honey. Basically this treat is suitable for everyone (expect for the ones who hates coconut and chocolate - but do those people actually exist? ;)
- 125 g extra virgin coconut oil
- 200 g oat
- 180 g coconut sugar
- 40 g coco powder
- 1 tbs honey
- 4 tbs strong coffee
- 2 ts vanilla powder
- Shaved coconut and your choice of nuts for decoration
I made this together with my mum whilst home in Norway and these are some of the products we used from Sunkost. For those who are not from Norway, I`m sure you can find similar products in health shops and grocery stores near you :)
I usually end up making little changes to recipes when I cook - to better suit my needs. So with these chocolate balls you can try out different toppings to make it the perfect treat for you. Be creative! Im sure pistachios would make a lovely decoration too, or maybe even some tiny marshmallows for those who prefer something a bit more naughty ;) Either way, I hope that some of you try it, and that you love it as much as me!
What to do:
- Melt the coconut oil. For example by using hot water; you just put a bowl of the coconut oil into hot water
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl
- Leave the dough in the fridge for about 10 minutes
- Shape the dough into small balls and roll them in your choice of topping
- Serve them chilled