PERFECT BREAKFAST WITH LIAM'S FAT BURNING GRANOLA
This week's post is all about the perfect breakfast with my low carb high fat (LCHF) granola.
As you know, with my #BreakfastRevolution it is all about fuelling your fat burn with the right food at the right time. Remember that you wake in a fat burning state and you want to keep this going. The best way to keep your fat burn going is to fuel up with a fat based breakfast. This is where my Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) Granola recipe comes in. It is one of those tasty little gems you can make up and store so that you have a reliable breakfast option for the days when there is no time to cook up a full english (minus the toast) or even an omelette.
Your traditional granola is packed with oats and grains that will throw you out of fat burning, so here is my recipe for the best fat burning granola. Feel free to tweak and experiment with your own flavours and let me know what you come up with.
Coconut Oil (1-2 tbsp)
A Little Water if Needed
200g Combination of the following:
1) Pre heat your oven to 160ºC (320ºF)
2) On the hob, gently heat the coconut oil and dates in a sauce pan until the dates soften (3-5min).
3) In the mean time, roughly break your nuts, placed inside a tea towel, roll or bash with a rolling pin. Alternatively, pulse just a few times in a mini food processor.
4) Use a stick blender to blend your coconut oil and date mixture to form a sticky paste. Add just a little water if the mixture is too thick, it needs to be thick enough to stick to your dry ingredients. Add your coconut chips, nuts and your seed mix and cinnamon, combining well.
5) Transfer your mixture to a heavy roasting dish, I love my Le Creuset, and place in the centre of the oven.
6) Switch to Fan Oven and bake at 160ºC for around 10 minutes.
7) Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
Enjoy on its own or serve with full fat organic Greek yogurt.
Keep in an airtight container in a cool dry place where your granola will keep for a week, but I doubt it will last that long!